Aug 14, 2009
2009 has been a rough year for a lot of drummers. Stephen Perkins, Chad Smith, Tommy Aldridge, and others have suffered injuries and illnesses on the road forcing shows to be cancelled and dates to be rescheduled. But it's not all bad news; a couple of drummers are reaching out and using their talents and visibility to help others. Here's a quick roundup of drummers in the news:
1) Stephen Perkins down but not out.
2) Chad Smith tears a muscle.
3) Tommy Aldridge breaks collarbone.
4) Foghat's Roger Earl makes a triumphant slow ride back from serious injuries.
5) Dananananaykroyd drummer injured in onstage accident.
6) New Orleans drummer Derrick Tabb gives back to the kids.
7) The Clash's Topper Headon helps the homeless.